Greetings, Arsians! The Dealmaster is back with another round of deals to share. Today’s list is headlined by a deal on Google’s Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL phones, unlocked models of which are both $50 off. That brings them to $349.99 and $429.99, respectively. While some retailers bundled the phones with $100 store gift cards when they first launched, this marks the biggest outright discount we’ve seen for the devices from reputable stores to date.
That’s notable, since the Pixel 3a was already a great value at its normal price point. We’ve recommended it a few times in the past, but the gist is that it gives you most of the better features of the full-fat Pixel 3 for half the original price. Namely, its camera is tremendous for a sub-$500 phone and still rivals those from higher-end Android flagships. Its OLED display is good for the money, it works with all the major US carriers, and you get first priority on Android software and security updates until May 2022 with Google’s typically clean take on its own operating system. It also has a headphone jack, which the flagship does not.
As with any affordable phone, there are trade-offs. The design here is comfortable but mostly plastic, with nothing in the way of water resistance or wireless charging. The screen could be brighter, and the speakers could be louder. The Snapdragon 670 chip and 4GB of RAM are strong enough to smooth performance for most tasks—and the Dealmaster’s personal Pixel 3a has held up fine after five months of use—but it’s clearly a step down over time from top-of-the-line hardware. And the big elephant in the room is that Google is set to announce the Pixel 4 next week, which could result in clearance sales on the Pixel 3. But for now, those flaws aren’t hard to overlook for $350, and this is still a fantastic value.
If you don’t need a new Android phone, we also have deals on Beats’ surprisingly excellent Powerbeats Pro true wireless earbuds, a Nintendo Switch and Amazon gift card bundle, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K, gaming mice and keyboards, and much more. Have a look for yourself below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Asus ROG Strix G gaming laptop – Intel Core i5-9300H, 15.6-inch 1080p 120Hz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for $999 at Walmart (normally $1,299).
- Lenovo ThinkPad T490 laptop – Intel Core i7-8665U, 14-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $949 at Lenovo (use code: THINKT490 – normally $1,149).
- HP Envy 13t laptop – Intel Core i7-10510U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD for $749.99 at HP (normally $999.99).
- Dell XPS Tower 8930 desktop – Intel Core i5-9400, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660 for $685.99 at Dell (use code: XPSDTAFF01 – normally $1,099.99).
- 32-inch Dell S3219D monitor – 2560×1440, VA, 60 Hz, FreeSync for $179.99 at Amazon (normally $239.99).
Video game deals
- Collection of Mana (Switch) – includes Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana for $29.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (normally $39.99).
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (PS4, XB1) for $19.99 at Amazon (normally $29.99).
- Control (PS4, XB1) for $49.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (normally $59.99).
- Dead or Alive 6 (PS4, XB1) for $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (normally $29.99).
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! (Switch) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $44.99).
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch) for $29.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (normally $39.99).
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) for $24.99 at Amazon (normally $29.99).
- Judgment (PS4) for $39.99 at Amazon (normally $49.99).
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch) for $29.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (normally $39.99).
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4, XB1, PC) for $39.99 at Amazon (normally $47.99).
- Catherine: Full Body – Launch Edition (PS4) for $52.99 at Amazon (normally $59.99).
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4, XB1) for $29.99 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $34.99).
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (PS4) for $12.69 at Walmart (normally $14.99).
- Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition (XB1) for $10 at Walmart (normally $19.99).
- Wreckfest (PS4) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $33.99).
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4) for $31.99 at PlayStation Store (normally $35.99).
- Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package (Switch) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $39.99).
- Pre-order: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition (Switch) for $49.94 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $59.99).
- Pre-order: Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4, XB1) for $49.94 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $59.99).
- Pre-order: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (Switch) for $49.94 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $59.99).
- Nintendo Switch (latest version) + $25 Amazon.com gift card for $299.99 at Amazon (normally $324.99).
- Razer DeathAdder Elite wired gaming mouse – Overwatch Edition for $39.99 at Amazon (normally $61.99).
- Cooler Master MK730 mechanical gaming keyboard – Cherry MX Red/Blue, tenkeyless for $89.99 at Amazon (normally $109.99).
- Corsair K63 mechanical gaming keyboard – Cherry MX Red, tenkeyless for $49.99 at Amazon (normally $59.99).
- New Ultimate and Spotify Premium users only: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 1-month subscription + Spotify Premium 6-month trial subscription code for $1 at Microsoft (normally $74.99).
- Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit controller charger for $19.99 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $24.99).
- Splendor board game for $19 at Walmart and Amazon (normally $27.99).
TV and home entertainment deals
- 49-inch Samsung QN49LS03R The Frame (2019 model) 4K LED TV for $897.99 at Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon (normally $1,197.99).
- 55-inch Samsung QN55LS03R The Frame (2019 model) 4K LED TV for $1,097.99 at Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon (normally $1,397.99).
- 65-inch Samsung UN65NU6900FXZA 4K LED TV for $548 at Walmart and Best Buy (normally $599.99).
- 55-inch Samsung UN55NU6900FXZA 4K LED TV for $378 at Walmart and Best Buy (normally $429.99).
- Roku Premiere+ 4K HDR media streamer for $39 at Walmart (normally $49).
- Roku TV Wireless Speakers (for Roku TVs only) for $149.99 at Roku (normally $199.99).
- Denon AVR-X3500H 7.2-channel receiver – 4K, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 8 HDMI input/3 input for $599 at Amazon (normally $699).